In October 1994 Ken and Jane purchased the old firehouse in South Deerfield. It was built with WPA help in 1937 by local builders and was replaced by a large new building on Route 5/10 in 1992.
We turned the upstairs into a wonderful apartment. Out of the newer social hall added in the 1950’s we created 4 bedrooms for ourselves and our 3 children (still at home). The original social space became our living/dining room and the firemen’s kitchen was partially updated. The original sink remained.